Thursday, February 2, 2012

Product Review - Carol's Daughter Chocolat Smoothing Collection

This review has been overdue. I was skeptical about even doing it only because I've only used the products once. I figured though I'd still give a review on my first time use of them.
I wanted to use only these products when I was going to straighten my hair to see if they did what they claimed. I caved a bit by pre pooing with Shea Moisture Purification Masque only because my scalp & eczema were out of control due to FL's weather.
Check the review after the jump




Chocolat Smoothing Shampoo


This is a really good shampoo. I squeezed a bunch in my hand (unnecessary) I just felt like being extra. It has a nice silky, creamy feel and lathers very well. My hair felt clean and it didn't dry out my hair like some shampoos do. It did what it said by smoothing my hair. Loved the smell as well. Not a typical chocolate scent but it has a perfume-y scent with a hint of chocolate mixed in.

Chocolat Smoothing Conditioner


Loved this. Lovveeddd. I have a thing for thick, creamy conditioners and this is one of them. The consistency reminded me of room temperature butter. It doesn't have MAJOR slip but it does have slip as I was able to detangle my hair with ease. I left the conditioner for about 5 mins and then rinsed it out and my hair was smooth! I have frizz issues & I saw minimal - almost zero frizz after washing this out. Hair was soft and shiny. The scent is the same as the shampoo.

Chocolat Smoothing Blow Dry Cream


Ok so this is more so stuff I heard my cousin say as she was the one that blow dried and flat ironed my hair. I told her to only use the cream when blow drying and flat ironing. My cousin applies heat to her natural hair regularly and her hair is wonderful looking so I trusted her with my mane & with her opinion on the cream. She was impressed with the fact that she didn't have to use much and how it made my hair look after blow drying. My hair was light weight and silky with bounce. She didn't reapply the cream when flat ironing and my hair was still shiny and full of life. She was so thrilled with the product that she wanted to take it from me!

Overall
Would I buy it again? Maybe. I only bought it because I got it on sale and I wanted to straighten my hair but with quality products. I was wondering about how long the products would last me due to them being only 8 oz in size (Blow Dry Cream is 4 0z) but I didn't use a lot of product. They aren't the best to travel with because product came out of the shampoo and conditioner when I was on my way back to the UK. I loved the smell and what it did for my hair. For someone who uses heat a lot and can afford to get them, I say go for it. Even if you don't use heat much, they are good on the hair & they'll last for a couple of sessions. 



Images of products from Carolsdaughter.com


No comments:

Post a Comment