Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Anita Grant Product Review

My first official product review and what product line better to kick it off than with Anita Grant Goodies?!

I was uber excited about doing this. After a lil convo on twitter with Anita Grant.. I was offered to try out 2 of their products since I didn't formerly have the pleasure of doing so.
 I WAS SYKED! Listen.. these goodies have been on my hair product wishlist for about a year now.
I was interested in trying out the infamous Rhassoul Deep Condish & the Creamy Cafe Latte.
The ingredients spoke to me... I love me some chocolate & coffee so to have that in hair products? WIN.

So I was sent 3 30g cubes of the Deep Condish & the 2 oz Creamy Cafe Latte in Mint Twist.
I received them the very next day! Anita Grant is so sweet and very efficient so that alone sold me.



From the site :


Rhassoul Deep Condish 

Our Rhassoul Deep Condishes contains Unrefined Black Cocoa Butter & natural Soya based Vitamin E (mixed tocopherols) which helps to guard scalp & hair from free radical damage. When hot liquid is added to our Rhassoul Deep Condishes, it swells & increases its surface area like a highly porous sponge.  Attracting & trapping toxins into these open porous spaces so that when it comes time to rinse the Rhassoul Deep Condish from your hair the toxins are eliminated and you're left with detoxified fluffy soft tresses.

So instead of a Hot Oil treatment why not detoxify your scalp & hair.




Creamy Cafe Latte

Pure Brazilian Coffee Oil stimulates the follicles while the wholesome goodness of Organic Virgin Coconut oil, nourishes your skin and naturally curly hair. Decadent Organic, Unrefined Fair Trade Black Cocoa Butter from Ghana conditions from top to toe, and the vitamin enriched - velvety suppleness of Australian Macadamia Nut Oil lovingly caresses you everywhere. All engulfed in an abundance of delicious natural & organic skin and curly hair care loving ingredients...mmm-mmm-goodness!  

For your curly  hair - a teeny-weeny dollop'll do ya!

Enhance your hair's natural curl definition and seal in moisture - without build up. Just rub a teeny pinch of Creamy Café Latte between the palms of your hands, work with your naturally curly hair and cover from root to tip - caress & detangle dry hair (YES, dry curly hair) for instant softness in seconds. Then sit back and enjoy the scent, softness and sheen.

CHECK OUT REVIEW AFTER THE JUMP

I started off by prepping the deep condish. I decided to use coconut milk because I'm a fan of using it in deep conditioners & it was a suggestion on the site so I figured why not.. Heated up the milk and added it to the cubes. 
I used all 3 cubes because I have a lot of hair.


Hopped in the shower as it was cooling down & shampoo'd with my Lush Soak 'n' Float Bar focusing on my scalp & then I poo'd my hair with Tresemme Moisture Shampoo. I only did that because I wanted to get rid of the Tresemme Condish I co-washed with the previous week. I wanted my hair to be clleeaaann to test out the Rhassoul Deep Condish
I also did a mini detangling bit under the shower with my shower comb with just water.

Ok FYI - my camera died on me during this whole ordeal so the rest of the pics are from my phone. Really wanted my camera to show quality and texture but oh well.

The smell of the deep condish was heavenly... I was tempted to lick it. Applying on my hair was smooth, I felt like I was applying cake batter on my hair. I did one half of my then the other. 
I went back over the previous half focusing on the scalp versus the hair. The whole mixture was used.
Twas messy.. not as bad as I thought it would be though.


Wrapped my hair in saran wrap then put on a plastic cap and pranced about to some Reggae for 45 mins then I hopped back in the shower & proceeded to rinse. I did that til I saw the water run clear.. I thought I was in the clear...
My hair seem elongated as well after rinsing.

hair after rinsing the deep condish.

Well for the styling.. I only used the Creamy Cafe Latte. Yup.. Solo Dolo. It said it was a leave-in and also a detangler so I decided to use it as such. I didn't even attempt to apply an oil.
Best decision ever.
I had to re-rinse the sections I was braiding because there was traces of the clay still in my hair. Not much, whatever was left was near my roots.
Back to the Latte. I applied it, combed thru my hair (which took no time) applied a smidge more and then braided. I ended up with about 10 braids.

hair with Creamy Cafe Latte applied

Hair was sooofffttt and still is. 

Hair after rinsing out Rhassoul Deep Condish

Hair the week before co washed.
in the middle of braiding




Verdict -  I NEED THESE IN MY LIFE! 
Tis a lil pricey (for me at least) but well worth it. Having the Creamy Cafe Latte in your arsenal eliminates the need for a lot of products. My braid out was well defined.. a lil too defined for my liking but I keep fluffing my hair so no biggie.
I LOVE THESE PRODUCTS! 
I will be ordering more soon =)

Check out the site https://anitagrant.com/
 &
follow on Twitter @anitagrantltd

No comments:

Post a Comment