Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Foodie Wednesdays: Guest Post by Jessica from Jessiker Bakes {Cinnamon Roll Pancakes}}

Hello Candid Cinni followers! My name is Jessica of Jessiker Bakes and this is my guest post on Candid Cinni's blog. Every Wednesday we will be doing a foodie themed blog post to satisfy your sweet (and sometimes savoury) cravings! Everyone does love to eat, right? Great. This week, I thought I would post something probably more relevant to you - breakfast! Still in the theme of fall, these pancakes will delight you and they don't even take that long to make! Treat yourself to a wonderful breakfast every now and then.

Give us your feedback so I can cater these guest posts to your desires!
Happy reading and even happier eating! 
- Jessica @ Jessiker Bakes

____________________________________________________________________________


I only have one early morning class. The rest are closer to noon. I wake up, diddy daddle, stretch, daddle some more, and then somehow the last hour before school starts whizzing by. Every single morning I leave the house just in time for class. I reach on time, but somehow all that extra time disappears.

My bed is covered in layers of "this doesn't match" "I wore that before" "um, no". Try as I may to leave early, it seems time laughs and only allows just enough time.

I either

a) miss breakfast
b) eat something from law's vending machine + Nescafe coffee
c) scramble for something quick and eat in the car.

So I decided I was going to find a great quick and delicious meal to share with you for mornings like these. Something that was done in 10 minutes that I could also resort to on panic mornings.

Yeah right.

I realized that there was a reason that despite how long I searched, how many recipes I reviewed, I hadn't found that 'quick and easy' breakfast.


Because I didn't want something 'quick and easy' to fill me. 


I wanted a delicious, nutritious (pancakes have eggs in them in case you didn't know!) and completely and ridiculously guilty & satisfying meal that would make my whole day a complete success.


Sometimes granola bars just won't cut it. Sometimes skimping on 


goeey and dripping


sugary and cinnamon-y

'pour more please' treats just isn't worth it.

Let's try not to make this a habit okay? 




Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
The Novice Chef Blog


Pancake:
1 egg
1 cup buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla
2.5 Tbsp brown sugar
1 cup flour
2 tsp cinnamon
1.25 tsp. baking powder
1 Tbsp butter, melted

Filling:
2/3 cup pecans
3 Tbsp  maple syrup

Icing:
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
milk

Preheat your griddle or pan and grease if necessary. Beat the egg and mix it with the milk, vanilla and brown sugar in a large bowl. Sift in the flour, cinnamon, and baking powder. Add the butter and mix lightly together with a spatula.  Spoon out the batter in equal amounts onto the hot griddle. Cook until  you start to see bubbles forming around the edges and a little on the top. Flip the pancakes and finish cooking on the other side.
Meanwhile, toast  your pecans in a dry skillet over medium heat until they become fragrant. Put them in a mini food processor with the syrup and pulse until well combined and paste-like (adding more syrup, if you wish).
To make the glaze, sift the powdered sugar into a bowl. Then add the cinnamon, followed by the vanilla and a little milk until you get the proper consistency.
To plate, place a little bit of the pecan-maple paste in the center of a pancake and roll pancake and drizzle with the glaze. Lastly add a little more cinnamon on top and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment