Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Foodie Wednesdays: Guest Post by Jessica from Jessiker Bakes {Pumpkin Doughnuts}

Hello Candid Cinni followers! My name is Jessica of Jessiker Bakes and this is my guest post on Candid Cinni's blog. Every Wednesday we will be doing a foodie themed blog post to satisfy your sweet (and sometimes savoury) cravings! Everyone does love to eat, right? Great. This week it's pumpkin dougnuts! Still in the theme of fall, these are simply delicious!

Give us your feedback so I can cater these guest posts to your desires!
Happy reading and even happier eating! 
- Jessica @ Jessiker Bakes

______________________________________________________________________________
I'm not sure words will allow me to express how amazing these were.

And I REALLY meant that.




Let's be realistic here.

I had one six.

SIX.

I wanted to lie and say five...but my hands typed six as in a confessional.

Thank God they're small. I literally had to ask Jesus to take the wheel and keep me away from them.

I'm taking a whole batch to school to avoid me eating them all. And leaving the other at home for the rest of my family members (please eat them before I come home!)



The pumpkin adds such a unique and delicious flavour that I would I guarantee you will enjoy these. And the best part?

They ACTUALLY taste like doughnuts! Hallelujah!

Baked Pumpkin Dougnuts by Buns In My Oven

Ingredients
  • 2 cups all-purpose or white whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon ginger
  • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/8 teaspoon cloves
  • 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/4 cup butter, softened
  • Cinnamon and sugar, for rolling
  • 1/2 cup butter, for dipping
Instructions
  1. If using a babycakes donut maker, turn it on to preheat. Otherwise, preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease a donut pan or regular cookie sheet.
  2. In the bowl of your stand mixer, mix together the dry ingredients.
  3. Beat in the pumpkin, eggs, milk, and butter until well combined.
  4. Fit a pastry bag with a large tip and fill with the donut batter. Alternately, fill a large ziploc bag and snip off the end.
  5. Pipe into the donut maker, donut pan, or just pipe in circles on a greased cookie sheet. The dough is thick enough that it should stay in the general shape you pipe it in while in the oven.
  6. If using the donut maker, cook for about 3-5 minutes, checking for doneness with a toothpick.
  7. If using the oven, bake for about 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
  8. Cool on a wire rack.
  9. Melt the 1/2 cup of butter in a small dish and mix together cinnamon and sugar in a second dish for dipping.
  10. Dip the donuts in the butter (PS I just sprayed them with PAM Butter Flavour Spray) and then the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
  11. Store in an air-tight container.

3 comments:

  1. those look so yummy... you just inpsired my new recipe

    Pls follow me back at http://internationalglove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look YUMMY & remind me of Hogwarts for some strange reason . Pfhehe

    ReplyDelete