Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Fall Hair Regimen

Hello Lovelies! 
Since we're almost into Winter (I want it to snow so badly!) I thought I woud share how I've been up keeping this mane of mine for Autumn.
I have a bit of a structured routine unlike in the Summer where I did a lot of wash n gos whenever I felt like it. I have to pay attention to my hair & keeping it healthy in the colder weather. 
I do this once a week with a co wash or 2 in between. (I'll do a separate post on that)
Gonna sprinkle some pics of myself throughout the post because no one likes to read without pictures!
Or maybe some do.... 
Anyhoo, here it goes!

Waddup though?!
Me with an old braid out ready to get on with my routine

Peep the steps after the jump

1. Deep Condition/Pre-Poo

Products 
Giovanni Smooth As Silk Deeper Moisture Conditioner
I used to detangle in the shower after shampooing with a rinse out conditioner then apply my deep conditioner but I do this method to save time & water. I share a bathroom now so I can't afford to hog it for the sake of my hair. 

-I divide my hair into 2 & gather up one half. 
-The remaining half I section into 3 & proceed to finger detangle with the conditioner in section by section. (Sometimes I spray my hair with a bit of water+rosemary oil to help with slip)
-I follow up the finger detangle with a run through with my wide toothed shower comb & twist the sections that have been detangled. Repeat process on the other half.
-After detangling is all done (takes an hour!!), I apply almond oil and/or olive oil to my whole head & put 2 plastics bags + a winter hat and viola! Walk around for however long I feel & deep condition.

Y'all still with me?!

2. Cleansing


Products 
Dr. Bronner's Liquid Castile Soap (Lavender) or Karen's Body Beautiful Ultimate Conditioning Shampoo.

I like to shampoo my hair every week due to dancing 3 times a week, rolling around on the dirty studio floor & such. 
-I shampoo my hair in the sections made from detangling. I follow up with a Rinse Out Conditioner


Products 
Giovanni 50:50 Hydrating-Calming Conditioner/Tresemme Naturals Conditioner 

-I apply the conditioner to the sections and leave it in for however long it takes me to scrub my body & then I rinse out. (My 50:50 condish is pretty much donezo now so Tresemme will do me over til I get to restock.)

Wash Day is always a struggle

3. Style

Products
Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner
Karen's Body Beautiful Heavenly Jojoba Oil
Shea Butter

Now we've reached the end...
-I apply all 3 products to each section I have (which is 6) & braid my hair 
-I apply SMRC as my leave in then seal with the KBB Oil + Shea Butter.
(Sometimes I make the sections smaller so the number of braids I end up with are usually 6, 8 or 12.)

Yay all done!!
-I pull out the braids the next day or next 2 days and wear my hair in a braid out for the week.
Bun or just out.

Hair with Giovanni SAS in.


That's pretty much what I do.
I'll post on what I do in the week before lather, rinse, repeating this whole process.

Do you have a Fall Hair Regimen?
Do share!







2 comments:

  1. Good regimen! I've never heard of deep conditioning before you shampoo, might have to try that out...I see it works for you though. I've always thought your hair was GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much! I just started deep conditioning before shampoo. I've heard good things about it so I decided to try.

      Delete